Dr Ling will see most patients within 2 weeks of referral. Rapid Access Appointments (within 48 hours) are available if you have a confirmed or strongly suspected diagnosis of breast cancer or melanoma. Waiting times for surgery are 2 weeks
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr Ling operates exclusively in the private system on the Central Coast at Gosford Private Hospital, Brisbane Waters Private Hospital and Tuggerah Lakes Private Hospital. Dr Ling also operates in the public system at Canterbury Hospital located in Inner West Sydney.
Dr Ling has fortnightly operating lists at Canterbury Hospital. You will be assigned a Clinical Priority Category according to the severity of your condition.
- Category 1: Admission within 30 days desirable for a condition that has the potential to deteriorate quickly to the point that it may become an emergency, e.g. positive FOBT requiring a colonoscopy.
- Category 2: Admission within 90 days desirable for a condition which is not likely to deteriorate quickly or become an emergency, e.g. symptomatic gallstones requiring laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- Category 3: Admission within 365 days acceptable for a condition which is unlikely to deteriorate quickly and which has little potential to become an emergency, e.g. colonoscopy for surveillance of colonic polyps.
Dr Ling has regular operating lists at all 3 private hospitals on the Central Coast - Gosford Private Hospital, Brisbane Waters Private Hospital and Tuggerah Lakes Private Hospital. Waiting times for surgery are around 2 weeks.
Yes. Free parking is available at consulting locations in Gosford and Woy Woy. Paid parking is available at consulting locations in Kanwal and Campsie.
There is a consultation fee to see Dr Ling in the consulting rooms at Gosford, Kanwal and Woy Woy. There are reduced rates for Pensioners and Health Care cardholders. The practice will electronically submit a claim on your behalf to Medicare and you will receive the rebate within 24 hours. Follow-up consultations are bulk-billed.
Dr Ling runs a fortnightly bulk-billing clinic at Canterbury Hospital located in Inner West Sydney. You will need a referral from your general practitioner. At this clinic, you may initially see the surgical registrar working with Dr Ling.
Due to strict regulations set by the Therapeutic Goods Act, it is against the law to offer discount or other inducements to attract people for medical services. Discounted treatments should raise alarm bells when you are deciding which specialist to trust your treatment.
Dr Ling participates in the No Gap scheme if you have private insurance - meaning your health fund is billed directly and there will be no out-of-pocket costs to you for the surgery. But there may be out-of-pocket costs from the hospital, anaesthetist, surgical assistant and pathology. Please note that Dr Ling has no control of other providers’ fees.
Yes. If you wish to self-fund your surgery at a private hospital, the practice can provide you with a fee estimate. Self-funded patients will be liable to pay the following
- The gap between the Medicare fee and specialist’s fee (surgeon and anaesthetist)
- The gap for diagnostic services (pathology and medical imaging)
- Hospital accommodation fee
Yes, an interpreter can be arranged upon request at no cost to you. Please let us know at the time of making the appointment.