Dr Mary Ling is a Consultant Breast and General Surgeon who is committed to providing expert personalised surgical care using the latest evidence-based treatment.
Education & Training
Dr Ling obtained her medical degree from the University of New South Wales in 2005.
After completing her internship and residency at St George Hospital, she commenced her general surgical training through the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital network. Dr Ling gained comprehensive experience in all aspects of General Surgery through subspecialty rotations in Breast Surgery, Melanoma and Surgical Oncology, Colorectal Surgery and Upper GI Surgery at leading surgical units.
Dr Ling was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2014. She underwent postgraduate fellowship training in Breast and General Surgery at Gosford District Hospital. She has also completed further training in oncoplastic breast surgery through BreastSurgANZ and the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Dr Ling is accredited at the following hospitals:
- Gosford Private Hospital
- Brisbane Waters Private Hospital
- Tuggerah Lakes Private Hospital
- Canterbury Hospital
Dr Ling's memberships include:
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australasian Society for Breast Disease (ASBD)
- General Surgeons Australia (GSA)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
Dr Ling regularly attends conferences and courses in Australia and overseas to remain at the forefront of the latest in knowledge, techniques and advances in her field:
- Melbourne International Joint Breast Congress, Melbourne, Australia October 2018
- Melanoma Masterclass, Sydney, Australia, February 2018
- Controversies in Breast Cancer (CoBrCa), Tokyo, Japan, October 2017
- Specialty Skills in Breast Surgery: Principles in Breast Reconstruction Level 2, London, United Kingdom, May 2017
- Leura8 International Breast Cancer Conference, Blue Mountains, Australia, Oct 2016
- ANZ Hernia Forum - Hernia Symposium, Sydney, Australia, October 2016
- Locoregional Melanoma, Melbourne, Australia, August 2016
- ORBS – Risk Reducing Surgery, Reykjavik, Iceland, May 2016
- Specialty Skills in Breast Surgery: Principles in Breast Reconstruction Level 1, London, United Kingdom, September 2015